Last week I shared one of my favourite (and totally indulgent) desserts with you all – Italian Nutella Cheesecake. This week, I’ve decided to share another sweet favourite with more of a fruity taste…yep, you guessed it! I’m sharing my super easy Hawaiian Pineapple and Coconut Macaroons recipe. These Macaroons are light, fluffy and provide just the right amount of sweetness (without being overbearing!) You’ll be feeling like you’re on a beach in Oahu in no time! So let’s dive in 🙂
Hawaiian Pineapple and Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Makes approximately 18 macaroons
1 cup coconut
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 pineapple round (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to a moderate heat (roughly 140 degrees fan forced).
Combine the coconut, sugar and cornflour in a bowl.
- Beat together the egg and salt, then stir in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture on to greased and lightly-cornfloured oven trays.
- Place a pineapple square into each teaspoonful of coconut mixture, then press lightly into peaked macaroon shapes.
- Bake the macaroons on the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove the macaroons from the oven and allow to cool on trays.
For an extra hit of sweetness on your macaroons, why not drizzle some melted white chocolate over the top?
That’s it, you’re done! How easy was that recipe?! This recipe is great for light refreshments at a dinner party, or simply as an afternoon treat with your coffee (I often have these hehe!)
I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I did. If you tried this recipe at home, I’d love to hear what you think! Please leave us comment below 🙂
**Please note that this recipe is not vegan and will contain dairy, animal-based products and nuts.